Staff Selection Commission
CENTRAL RESERVE POLICE FORCE
Advertisement For The Post Of Assistant Sub-inspector
Head Constable (Ministerial) In CRPF
Applications are invited from Male and Female candidates for the combatised
post of Assistant Sub-Inspector (Stenographer-Grade-III) and Head
Constable (Ministerial) in Central Reserve Police Force as per tentative vacancy
position given below. The posts are temporary but likely to become permanent
Note: Above vacancies are subject to variation and the Deptt. has the
right to make any change in the advertisement or cancel it without assigning any
- Asst. Sub-Inspector (Stenographer) - Rs.5200-20200+GP-2800/- (Minimum
- Head Constable (Ministerial) - Rs.5200-20200+GP-2400/- (Minimum
- In addition, the posts carry DA, Free accommodation or House Rent
Allowance as per Govt. Order, Ration Money, Medical Facilities, Free uniform
items, Leave Travel concession and other special types of allowances as may
be admissible for different areas, from time to time.
For ASI/Steno and HC(Min)
Intermediate (10+2) or equivalent passed from
recognized board or
- For ASI(Steno) – Dictation : 10 minutes @ 80 w.p.m.
Translation: 50 minutes(English), 65 minutes (Hindi)
- For HC(Min) – Typing on computer – minimum 35 w.p.m in
English (30 w.p.m for SC/ST) or minimum 30 w.p.m in Hindi.
- Computers for the Typing Test/Shorthand speed will be provided by the
- Typing speed test will be conducted only on computers.
- Mode/Procedure/Method for conducting skill test will be decided by
For Male Candidate:
165 Cms for General/OBC/SC Candidates. 162.5 Cms for
Candidates including Adivasis candidates of all States/UTs.
- (For General/OBC/SC candidates)Minimum 77 Cms with minimum
expansion of 5 Cms
- (For ST candidates including Adivasis candidates of all States/UTs)
Minimum 76 Cms with minimum expansion of 5 Cms
Proportionate to height and age as per medical
standard in Force.
- Candidate should not have knock knee/flat foot/varicose veins or
squint in eye, colour blindness or any other ailment/deformity,
which may render his /her service unfit in CRPF. They must be in a
good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect
likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
- Candidates should be medically fit as per laid down standards
prescribed by the department during medical examination.
Visual standard should be 6/6 right eye and 6/12 left
eye or 6/9 both eyes without optical device.
For Female Candidate:
155 Cms for General/OBC/SC including Gorkha/Garhwalies
/Kumaonese/Dogras and Marathis and 154 Cms for ST Candidates
including Adivasis candidates of all States/UTs
Proportionate to height and age as per medical
standard in Force.
Same as for Male Candidates.
Same as for Male Candidates.
Between 18-25 years as on 19/12/2012
(upper age limit relaxable by 5 years for
SC/ST and 3 years for OBC
candidates). Relaxable for Government servants up to the age of 40 years in the
case of General candidates and up to
45 years in the case of candidates belonging to the SC or ST in accordance with
the orders issued by the Central
Government from time to time.
Departmental Candidates For HC(M) Only:
Constables of Central Reserve Police Force (all categories including
tradesman/technician/ministerial) having 3
years regular service and fulfilling the following conditions:
||Educational & Other Qualification
||As required for direct recruitment.
||Not more than 45 Years (50 Years for SC/ST & 48 Years
||Category – SHAPE-ONE (Candidates should be medically fit
as per laid down standards prescribed by the department)
Standard/Conditions For Ex-servicemen:
|Relaxable. Ex-servicemen with less than two years break after
retirement will be given total relaxation in physical standards.
|Matriculate. Ex-servicemen having put in not less than 15 years
service in allied cadre/same line of duties in Army/Navy/Air Force
will also be eligible to compete the test against the vacancies
reserved for them.
|Minimum requirement will be good character certificate
|Category – AYE -One
||Relaxation to the extent of Military service rendered
plus 3 years as provided in DOP & T Notification
|Ex-servicemen seeking recruitment in Para Military Force with
more than two years break after retirement will be recruited only
after physical and medical examinations as well as prior verification
of character and antecedents like other candidates from open market.
It will not be possible to extend the concession provided to those
Ex-servicemen with less than two years break after retirement, to
others having more than two years break in service. In case of an
exservicemen who got discharged from Army at own request before
completing 5 years of service will not be eligible for recruitment.
Scheme Of Examination/Selection Procedure:
The test for selection shall be held in two phases as under:
A. First Phase:
- Checking documents
- Physical Measurements.
- Written examination.
B. Second Phase:
- Typing Speed test (Only on Computer)
- Short hand speed test (Only for ASI/Steno)
- Checking of documents
- Medical examination
Candidates should produce the following original documents:
- Education certificate of 10thClass/Matriculation from the recognized
board for proof of age.
- Education certificate of Intermediate (10+2) or equivalent passed from
recognized Board or University.
- Certificate of Caste if the candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC, issued by
the Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Discharge certificate for Ex-servicemen candidates.
- No Objection Certificate by candidates who are already in Government
On arrival, the candidates shall be screened and only those who satisfy the
educational qualification, Age and minimum physical standards i.e. Height,
weight and chest will be eligible/allowed to appear in written examination.
No medical examination will be carried out at this stage.
The Candidate who satisfy the educational and physical standards and age will
be eligible to appear in written examination consisting of the following
- Part -I : Hindi/English Language
- Part -II : General Intelligence.
- Part-III : Numerical Aptitude.
- Part-IV : Clerical Aptitude
There will be only one question paper for two hours duration consisting of
above four parts. The question in all the four parts will be "OBJECTIVE
TYPE WITH MULTIPLE CHOICE" . Each part will be consisting of 50 questions
carrying one mark each for right answer. Thus in total there will be 200
questions. A candidate obtaining qualifying percentage out of total 200
marks should be considered as qualified. The minimum qualifying marks of written
test are 40% for General Category. For SC/ST/OBC candidates the pass marks
will be 35% i.e 80 Marks for General Candidates and 70 Marks for SC/ST/OBC
- The candidates who qualify/pass the educational and physical standards
and the written examination in the First Phase, will be called to
appear for the Second phase of test. They will be tested in typewriting and
shorthand (Shorthand for ASI/Steno only), as mentioned in Para-3 (Skill
Test) above. Skill test will be of
qualifying nature and no marks will be awarded for skill test.
- Skill test for the post of ASI(Steno)/HC(Min) will be conducted only on
computers. In no case use of typewriters shall be allowed.
The candidates who obtain the prescribed minimum speed in typewriting
/shorthand will be allowed for interview. The total marks for interview
will be 25 only. At the time of interview the candidates will again
produce original certificates/testimonials in support of their education and
date of birth etc. In addition, they will also produce original
certificates/testimonials in support of higher education, accomplishment in
participation in sports, participation in NCC, knowledge of computer and other
- After interview, the candidates will be subjected to detailed medical
examination. The candidates who have been declared medically fit will only
be considered for appointment, subject to the condition that they secure
place in merit in their respective categories.
- When a candidate is declared unfit for appointment in the CRPF in
detailed medical examination, the grounds for rejection will be communicated
to him by Presiding Officer.
- Within a period of one month from the date of communication of such
grounds for rejection in medical, the candidate can file an appeal
against such declaration of medical unfitness.
- Such an appeal for re-medical examination must be accompanied by a proof
of his/her fitness in the form of medical certificate from any medical
practitioner and be submitted to the DIGP of the concerned centre
where his/her test has been conducted. The medical certificate will not be
taken into considerations unless it contains a note by the Medical
Practitioner concerned to the effect that it has been brought to his
knowledge of the fact that the candidate has already been declared as unfit
for appointment by the CRPF Medical Officer
- The appeal will also not be taken into consideration unless it contains
medical re-examination fee Rs.25/- through Demand Draft in the name of
the concerned DIGP.
Each application should be accompanied by a Crossed Indian Postal Order (Non
refundable) for Rs.30/- (Rupees thirty only) to be drawn in the name of
DIGP, GC-CRPF to whom the application is addressed /sent payable at
respective Head Post Office at that location. However SC/ST candidates are not
required to attach postal orders.
Tentative Time Schedule Of Examination /Test:
- 1st Phase: (Checking Of Documents, Physical Measurements, Written
Date 17/01/2013 To 10/03/2013
- 2nd Phase: (Computer Typing/Shorthand Test, Interview, Medical
Date 15/04/2013 To 22/04/2013