Indian Air Force
Pay & Perks
- The Indian Air Force not only offers you an adventurous and challenging
career but also takes care of all your needs including accommodation,
healthcare, recreational facilities and education for your children etc.
- Even before you are Commissioned as an Air Force Officer you start
earning a monthly stipend of Rs. 21,000/- during last one year of your
training period at any of the Air Force Training Institutions.
- Once you are Commissioned as a Flying Officer, besides getting an
attractive pay package you and your family will enjoy an excellent way of
- The following Pay / Allowances would be applicable on grant of
Commission to Flying Officers:-
- Pay in Pay Band ( Common to all Branches ) - Rs 15,600 Per Month (
The officer will be placed in PB 3 - 15600-39100 )
- Grade Pay :- Rs 5400 PM
- Military Service Pay :- Rs 6000 PM
- Dearness Allowances @ 58 Percent :- Rs 15660 PM
- Kit Maintenance Allowance :- Rs 500 PM
- Transport Allowance :- Rs 3200 + DA ( major cities) / 1600 + DA (
- In addition the following allowances are admissible
- Flying Allowance @ Rs 11250 PM to Flying Branch Officers.
- Technical Allowance @ Rs 2500 PM to Technical Branch Officers.
Gross Monthly Emoluments :
The first monthly pay package of Flying Officers in all the branches would be as
under ( Including Transport Allowance of major cities )
||GROUND DUTY BRANCHES
|Total Emoluments (in Rs)
- As you grow in rank and stature in the Air Force, your income and other
entitlements also increase in harmony with your enhanced responsibilities.
- The following are the gross monthly emoluments applicable at different ranks (
includes Pay in Pay Band, Grade Pay, MSP, DA and Transport Allowance of major
cities. Flying and Technical allowance would be over and above as applicable).
||Gross Monthly Emoluments
||Rs 49,738 /
Note:- Monthly Flying Pay admissible to different ranks are as follows :-
||Rs 11,250 /
||Rs 13,750 /
|Air Commodore & above
- Similarly, Technical Allowance for Tier-I course is Rs 2500/- Per Month and for
Tier-II course Rs 3750/- Per Month.
- Other allowances based on place of posting and nature of duty would also be
applicable. These are special compensatory (hill area) allowance, field area
allowance, high altitude allowance, siachen allowance, special force allowance,
Island special duty allowance, test pilot & flight test engineer allowance, hard
area allowance and remote locality allowance.
Apart from the pay & allowances mentioned above, you also get the following
perks and benefits:
As an officer, you are provided with well-furnished and spacious accommodation
depending upon your rank.
The Indian Air Force provides you with an insurance cover of Rupees 30 Lakhs at
low premium rates. Additional cover of 3.5 Lac for Flying Branch Officers is
You will be entitled to an annual leave of 60 days and 20 days of casual leave.
Leave Travel Concession
As an officer, you and your family are entitled to liberal Leave Travel
Liberal loans from the Air Force Group Insurance Society are available to you
for purchase of house, car and computer. Apart from that, you are also entitled
to government loans and loans from the Indian Air Force Benevolent Association.
All personnel of Indian Air Force and their families are comprehensively covered
by our medical facilities, including specialist services.
The Air Force provides ration in kind to all officers.
As an Air Force officer, you are entitled to some of the finest facilities for
recreational as well as competitive sports and other adventure activities.
Excellent schooling facilities for children along with provision of free /
concessional school transport facility. Provision of reimbursement of school fee
and other related expenditure.
As a member of armed forces, you are entitled to shop at concessional rates from
CSD Canteens all over the Country.
Opportunities For Higher Learning
As an officer, you are provided with ample opportunities for undergoing various
courses to enhance your skills, whether in the field of computer technology,
management sciences or military studies. You are also allowed special leave to
pursue higher education.
Post Retirement Benefits
After retirement, you are offered a large number of benefits like pension,
medical facilities, use of the canteen etc.