SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level
Exam Question Paper (Held on 11-12-2011)
(Data Entry Operator & LDC Exam)
Subject: English Language
Directions (51-55): In the following questions some parts of
the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence
has an error. The number of that part is your answer. If there is no error, then
your answer is (d) i.e. No error.
51. This custom (a)/ has come down (b)/ since times immemorial.
(c) / No error. (d)
52. This letter will reach him (a)/ before he left (b)/ for
Delhi. (c)/ No error. (d)
53. We stayed for (a)/ a short time (b) / in the hotel. (c)/ No
54. Students are prohibited (a)/ to bring cycles (b)/ into the
college. (c)/ No error. (d)
55. Unless you are careful, (a)/ you are bound to make mistake
(b)/ in your work. (c)/ No error. (d)
Directions (56-60): In the following questions, sentences are
given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives
are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four
and indicate it as your answer.
56. The aim of education is to____the best in students.
(a) bring on
(b) bring in
(c) bring about
(d) bring out
57. I have known him_______along time.
58. I wish I__________her to clean the room.
(a) have asking
(b) have asked
(d) had asked
59. He always takes full ______of the mistakes made by his