New Page 8
Central Police Forces (Assistant
Commandants) Examination: 2011
Physical And Medical Standards
Physical Standards :
The Minimum requirements for the candidate are as follows :
|| 165 cm
|| (unexpanded) 81 cm (with 5 cm minimum expansion)
|| 50 kg.
Weight: Moreover, the weight should be as per the height
and age as mentioned in APPENDIX-VI(B).
Medical Standards :
(a) Eye Sight :
|Worse eye (Corrected Vision)
|| J1 (corrected)
|Types of corrections permitted
|Limits of Refractive errors permitted
||-4.00 D (including cylinder)
+4.00 D (including cylinder)
|Colour Vision High Grade
Candidate should not have squint of any degree and should have high colour
vision. The candidate will be tested for colour vision by Ishihara’s test as
well as Edridge-Green Lantern Test. Eyes should be bright, clear with no
abnormality/ disease. Movements of eyeballs should be full and free in all
direction. In every
case of Myopia, fundus examination should be carried out and the results should
be recorded. Contact lenses or laser surgery is not allowed.
(b) Carrying angle : Carrying angle should not be more than 15 for male
and 20 for female.
(c) Ear : Candidate should not have any degree of deafness or persistent
ear discharge. Candidate should not have any other condition (congenital or
atresia of the meatus, exostosis, neoplasm which is causing obstruction of ear
passage and should not have history or recurrent earache, tinnitus and vertigo.
(d) Nose : Candidate should not have DNS, atrophic rhinitis, tubercular
ulceration, chronic sinusitis.
(e) Neck : Candidate should not have enlarged lymph nodes, thyroid or
other swelling of neck, inability to extend the neck fully or any evidence of
of spine or cervical vertebrae.
(f) Teeth: Candidate must possess sufficient number of sound teeth for
efficient mastication. Candidate should not have severe pyorrhea.
(g) Venereal Disease: Candidate should not have active signs of
(h) Chronic skin diseases: Candidate should not have chronic skin
diseases like Leprosy, chronic dermatitis, extensive Pityriasis Versicolor,
psoriasis, SLE etc.
(3) General Standards :
- Speech should be without impediment i.e. no stammering.
- The candidate should not have any indication of chronic disease like TB,
any type of arthritis, high blood pressure, Diabetes, Bronchial Asthma, any
- Candidate should not have perceptible and visible glandular swelling
anywhere in the body.
- Chest should be well formed, devoid of any abnormality like flat chest,
pigeon chest, with rickety rosary defects. Heart and lungs should be sound.
- Limbs, hands and feet should be well formed and fully developed and
there shall be perfect motion of all joints.
- Should not have any old/mal united fracture of bones.
- There should be free and perfect movements of all the joints
- Feet and toes should be well formed.
- Should not have congenital malformation or defects.
- Should not bear traces of previous acute or chronic disease pointing to
any impaired constitution.
- Candidate should have no disease of the genito urinary tract.
- Candidate should have no inguinal, scrotal swelling, any type of Hernia.
- (Only for male) Both the testicles are in the scrotum and of normal
- The candidate must not have knock knees, flat foot, varicose veins.
- They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical
defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
(4) Candidate should not suffer from TACHYCARDIA (more than 100 pulse
rate per minute) or BRADYCARDIA (less than 50 per minute).
(5) Candidate should not suffer from Hernia, hemorrhoids, condylomata